June 17, 2010

You know what I mean

Hello!! Sorry it has been so long since my last post. I have been so tired or busy that I haven't posted anything. But also, this time I don't really have much to say.

Work is work. Still receiving market samples and sending samples off to Paris, Milan, etc. for other market weeks in other places around the world. =] Oh and the stock room that holds samples from previous and present seasons, basically a huge Burberry closet, is being stolen from. The PR people work a lot in there, because they send out pieces to be used in magazines, but they take and use clothes and accessories whenever they want. Today the merchandise manager was in the stock room and noticed how things were missing.


I went to Intern Orientation Monday, with the fabulous HR people. It was disorganized to say the least. But I do have an announcement to make... long story short, I was able to luck out of 3 weeks of my internship so I will be coming home on July 24!!!!!

I love,love, love New York, but I miss, miss, miss my home and everyone there. I will be here for 10 weeks which is plenty enough time. So this way I can also have a few weeks off to enjoy the last bit of summer.

I have been having lots of fun here and enjoy people watching. I see the most random people, I wish I could take their picture but don't in fear they will approach me hahaha.

So today I ate this:


This is the best cupcake I have ever had, from Crumbs. If you are ever in New York, you MUST go there. They have any and every cupcake you can imagine.

I have been trying not to shop but have failed. I can't help but buy something every weekend. I am happy to announce that I got to visit with my friend Ash from home. It was so good seeing a friend from home and catching up! Looking forward to seeing my family next week too.

Still no celeb spotting, pretty sad about that. I will see someone, even a C list celebrity would be better than nothing. But I having been slacking in the picture taking department. I will try to take a million pictures this weekend.

Saturday I am heading to the Mermaid parade at Coney Island, I will definitely take tons of pictures. And for those of you who know me well, you know how much I LOVE mermaids. I am super excited. Hope you have a great weekend.

Marc

4 comments:

  1. ahhhhhh mermaiiiddss!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mermaids!!! Ahhh!! So happy that you will be home sooner.. We miss you!! Text me so when can talk about what day you want to come back to work! Loves ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey girls, i didnt see these comments! im sorry, when i checked my blog it said 0 comments! yes sloanie i was gonna call you this week but i heard your on vaca!! so ill call you next week at the store snookums! ttyl i miss you too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blog is so cute!! Interning at Burberry - GAH! Like, dream internship!!! How on earth did you get it?

    ReplyDelete