June 7, 2010

16 Things

For this post, I would like to share info and pictures with you that don't need an entire entry, but should definitely be mentioned and shown.

1. Today I saw Christopher Bailey, about 6 times, and we made eye contact at least twice. =]

Where Serena from Gossip Girl lived Season 1, New York Palace!


2. The #1 genre of literature in the city is: erotic novels. Yes, those books you skim through at the bookstore and laugh at, and wonder who buys this?! I'll tell you, people who live in New York. "Still wife material" is my favorite that I've seen so far.

3. There are a LOT of dogs here, seem like everyone is walking a dog. Which makes me miss my dog, and even my turtle.

4. Taxi drivers honk the horn at you to get in their car when you're only trying to cross the street, instead of the other way around. And most give you whip lash.

5. If you picked up every penny you saw on the ground here, I promise you would have $5 by the end of the week.

Shoot the Freak

6. Most New Yorkers are impatient and always in a hurry.

7. The most used word here by not only children, women, and men is by far, F*ck. I hear it so many times a day, just walking down the street or riding the subway. It is pretty stupid.

8. Thrift stores here are the greatest! I have found so many things,like this 70's purse.

My purse


9. You are NEVER alone here. Whether you are on the subway, or in your apartment. There is constantly noise and smells too. And since no one has backyards here, EVERYONE and their mother can be found at the park on the weekends. Its hard finding even a spot of grass to sit on.

10. Being in New York, you would think that shopping would be amazing, and yes, to a certain extent it is. But when it comes down to really needing something, like shoes, the stores just don't have enough! I went shoe shopping this weekend and EVERY shoe I picked out my size was unavailable. So I went home and ordered some online. Something I did not expect to be doing here.

11. Friday at work I had to "model" coats for the Merchandise Manager to take photos of. She was going find one of the models in the showroom, then she looked me up and down and told me to do it. So right there in the middle of the office I put on the coats for her to snap photos of. So there you go, my fabulous modeling career in the Big Apple.

Guidos visit Central Park!


Funny park story: Memorial Day weekend, we decided to chill in Central Park. Well, there was this obnoxious group of friend and they had this fuzzy, stupid dog that was on a leash with them. So they are moving around, almost hitting people with a football. Then decide to rest, so they tie the dog to a STYROFOAM ice chest. All of a sudden the dog freaks out and starts running. The ice chest flips, were sitting on elevated ground, so all the drinks and ice fly out and start rolling downward. The dog starts running faster since he thinks the ice chest is chasing him. Someone grabs the ice chest just to catch him.

12. People are not ashamed of staring, everyone stares at each other, everywhere. And trust me, people have reason too. I have seen so many...unique and unusual people. Haha.

13. The world is big, but this city is bigger! Living here is like living in a different world.

14. Story about work today: There was buyers who were Jewish in the office. So we ordered them food from this place called Mr. Broadway that is kosher. And the rule is that all food has to be wrapped up and only opened by the people eating it. Well my boss and I decided we wanted strawberry shortcake. So she specifically tells Mr. Broadway over the phone, to send the desserts separate more than once. So when the food arrives, my boss ask "where is the dessert?" Because there is 2 bags of food, taped up. The foreign deliverer says "open bag, in the bag". She replies, "we can't open this, our clients are Jewish we can't open their food!" So we did not get our strawberry shortcake. We delivered the unopened bags and told them, "we got some desserts for you to share". We were very sad and ate bananas instead.

Blue dipped icecream cone that tasted like it was covered in lipstick. Which is why you stick to the basics people, I got chocolate.


15. Everyone here dresses so distinctly, I love looking at people's outfits and hair, it really is inspiring. =]

16. If I have learned anything from living here it has to be this:
*I love my friends, family, and boyfriend way more than I knew.
*Life is too short to not take chances and do things that are harder than you wish them to be.
*I am capable of doing things I never in a million years thought I could or would be doing!
*Fashion is one of the greatest things on earth, especially here.
*Pushing yourself is the hardest thing you can do to yourself, but in the long run will be worth it.
*No matter what, never let doubt question what you know in your heart.

Hope you enjoyed.
xoxo
Marc Marc

13 comments:

  1. What a great post Marc!! Thanks for sharing! What flavor was that blue ice cream cone?? Maybe it was lipstick flavored!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your last quote said so much in so few words Marcy and I can see you are absorbing it all! MawMaw JANIE

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marcy! That icecream looks like a baby smurf!! Ahh!! Love this post honey bunches.. You are growing up so fast.. *tear* :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I TOLD U THAT UD BE A MODELLLLL!!!!! U never believe meeee!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Next time it'll be asking u to do the runway showw!!! So better practice your walk! Be fierce marce :) workkkkk ittt

    ReplyDelete
  6. Where are you? I never knew you were in New York!! I'm so confused... Well I miss you more than you will ever know... especially that smile ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. spenc: it was vanilla dipped in like blue frosted stuff it was so gross!

    sloanie: i def feel like i am growing so much but in a good way

    amy: it wasnt really modeling i just put coats on lol the models are way skinnier, prettier, and taller than me

    gregory: im mad at you, u didnt even tell me bye, you dont know im gone! you miss me? yea right!

    ReplyDelete
  8. YOU ENDED THE POST LIKE I TOLD YOU TO

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pahahha it's step 1 of ur modeling career. Trying on coats:) hahah and get reallll ab the other models! Yea rite! I misss youuuuuuuuuuuu come home!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i miss you too!!! i want to come home, i actually cant wait to, but i know i gonna miss being here soooo much too. it will be so weird leaving

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm eating lots of good Amy Marcy food for u... Oh and crush, the new frozen yogurt place opened in river ranch.... Yeaaa not a good thing. Don't worry the whole store has eaten enough for u lol

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG yogurt! this is not good, lol i cant wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete