May 19, 2010

Why?

Hello everyone, well, I never saw myself as the blogging type, but I thought this would be a fun way to document my summer and how it is living in New York City while I intern at the fabulous Burberry.

Everyone keeps asking me what is like!? How is it!? What do you do?! Sooooo, the solution to these questions is this blog.

To start off, let me show you where I work...



This picture is the corporate office, the space right in the middle with the shiny glass spinning doors is the actual office. It is in between the different Burberry line stores.

I'm not one to toot my own horn, but I can't deny that this place is as glamorous as it appears. I completely feel like I am on a t.v. show or just having a really good dream. I work in the showroom surrounded by garments that are probably worth ten times what my wardrobe is worth all together.

The women who work there are so... unique. Their style is I guess you would say is Urban Outfitters + High end designers + chic + a little grunge. Lots of black, bare makeup, and natural, crazy hair.

I can't help but stare wide eyed at them every time they pass my way, eaves dropping on their every word. Secretly disliking them but wanting to be just like them at the same time!

Everyone is surprisingly nice. So far I have opened boxes of new merchandise, steamed them, worked on the computer, and organized things.It is so amazing because the clothing we are working with are samples for Spring and Summer for the year 2011. This week has been hectic though because next week is buyers week so a lot of preparation is required for that.

It has only been 3 days since I have started here, but everyday is different, and every day I learn more and more.

This is all I have to say about Burberry, but stay tuned because this is only the beginning...

9 comments:

  1. WOW!!! I am more than impressed and look forward to the next one...so glad to be "connected" ....Janie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you like it and seem to be having fun! It really does look glamorous! You will learn so much! Even though those girls may have more expensive clothes than you, they definitely are not prettier!! So proud of you Marcy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So proud of you Marcy!! Thanks for doing a blog. I look forward to reading it all summer long. You may end up like those girls by the end of the intern so I guess we better Look Out!!

    LOVE YOU AND MISS YOU!
    LOVE MOM

    ReplyDelete
  4. aww thanks so much!!! and I do plan on looking betta than alllll those girls there! hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  5. I commented on this but apparently it didn't work... so here goes, this is amazingggg! SO excited for you and I wish I was there! Please post some pics of the gorgeous clothes! Can't wait to hear all about it and I miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks sis! i wish you were here too! hope your having a good summer so far!! i cant take pics of those clothes, i can tell u what they look like but i would get in trouble for pictures lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. i hatee youu, im soo jealous, i cant even imagine what your going throughh, although u explained it well. its like a moviee (: and u fit in so well, i always thought u dressed so cute & that watch is to die forr! well good luckk love (: have funnn.

    ReplyDelete
  8. One word to describe your weekend -- AWESOME !!!!
    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  9. thanks sadie, your sweet, that makes me feel so good! and yes mom i did have a good weekend, looking forward to this weekend even more since its 3 days!

    ReplyDelete