May 24, 2010

Weekend


Sun Flowers from Bubsies, the best uncle ever =]

So, last weekend was my first weekend here and I was looking forward to it more than you know. My first week was intense and I could not wait for a break. Saturday I really wanted to do something chill.


I had been wanting to walk down Bleecker Street because I knew it would have lots of cool young people around, and I was right. It has a sort of New Orleans vibe about it that I really love. It is near NYU so there is good shopping and restaurants around.

I walked down the oldest street in New York, its very un-level cobblestone. Here is a picture of me in front of the cutest house down the little road. I love the pink door!


I passed through a super cute vintage store too, that had tons of fun dresses. I also stumbled upon a poster and postcard store where I bought two cute vintage postcards with designs from the early 1900s.

Washington Square is right at the center of NYU and it was cool because there were College aged people just enjoying the warm weather and little children playing in the fountain. Yes, there is a pretty fountain that you can actually play in, something I always wanted to do as a child. But the Washington arch, is by far the greatest thing in the park, it is even prettier in person.


The definite highlight of my day was going to the Marc by Marc Jacobs store. I have had my eye on a certain watch of his that I really wanted. So I decided to pop in and see it in person, since no store in Lafayette carries it of course! To get into his store though, there was an actual line. Can you spot me?


So yes, I did buy the watch I wanted! Even though I have no income right now! I could not resist.


And while I was checking out, one of the sales girls said Beyonce and Jay Z had passed nearby! I have not seen a celebrity yet. But as soon as I do, it will be documented, that is one of my goals for this summer, I HAVE to see someone famous. It is only a matter of time right?!

So here is a taste of my Saturday. This week at work is CRAZY because market week starts tomorrow. I will try to post soon on how that experience is working out. Esshhh, wish me luck, until next time, bye loves.

7 comments:

  1. oh my little sassy pants!! LOVE your watch :)...good luck this week!! i hope that you see Mariah Carey soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww sloanie! glad you love the watch, so do i and his name is my nickmame! marc another reason i wanted it. I actually hope i DONT see mariah lol but anyone else would be awesome! hahaa i miss you olga!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice job with the blog so far, Marcy. You will be happy to have documented your experiences in NYC. Glad to have you here in the Big Apple. The summer is going to be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You said you didn't see any celebrities but in that line for the store I saw Taylor Swift. I can't believe you didn't see her. Hope you having a good week. Miss you.

    Dustin

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank you david! i am definatley glad i am doing this so i can remember everything and i hope this summer is fun, so far its great!

    and dustin, i love that comment! i laughed out loud, i could hear you saying that, in that voice, i miss you and little a too. this week is crazy, looking forward to a 3 day weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. you should end each blog with "xoxo Gossip Marce"

    ReplyDelete
  7. i considered it but nope too cheese

    ReplyDelete